Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thinking...

I got a bit of a scare when I found that the odd lump near my "chest region" grew over the weekend. I am pre-disposed to breast cancer and it is common in women in my family. While I didnt jump the gun and get worried my Mom did. I sat back and made a doctor appointment when the idea of death flashed through my mind. I know its crazy to think of now... but I began to think, "What if this did come back malignant?" Would the people in my life know how much I loved them? What would my service look like? Would I want a service? Would I have accomplished all I set out to? and finally... and most importantly... where would I go? Death we all find to be a morbid subject, but why? So I began to think... and heres what I came up with:
1. I DO NOT want a wake/viewing. I want people to remember me as I was.
2. I want people to wear white not black. Death is something that is sad only for those left behind.
3. I want there to be a party. Not a sad, slow walking funeral. Remember my life as I lived it. To be around those you love... eat... dance... enjoy life.
4. I dont want flowers. I want that money to be donated to a chartiy of one's choice. All I want is a single white rose. (my favorite)
5. I want a few songs played: "On eagles Wings" "Be Not Afraid" and "Ave' Maria" I grew up catholic and these were always my favorite.

sorry if your reading this and find it morbid.. but hey you never know what might happen tomorrow so if you want your wishes known, put them out there... but im planning on being around for awhile! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

god help us all!!!! You have to know me to understand me.