Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 18, 2008...


Today is May 18, 2008. It is a Sunday... it is also the 3 month mark of the death of my very good friend Devon Monivis. Three months ago, I learned that my friend of nearly 8 years had died in a horrible car accident. 18 years old... 3 months shy of his high school graduation. To all of us it seemed like a senseless tragedy... another innocent life taken, another good man ripped from the world. Its hard to seek God in pain when you can't see past your tears. But here we are... 3 months later. Our healing has begun. I can see pictures and not cry at the sight of his smile anymore. I can talk about him now in the past tense and not cringe. It was hard to see then, but Devon's death brought many of us closer than we had ever been. It was the first time the reality of life had truly sunk in and that our time to go truly may be at any moment. For those who knew Devon, he was always smiling... always telling some terrible joke, and just as he touched our hearts through his life... he continues to do so through his death. His love will always remain in my heart, and the legacy of love that he left behind will stay with us all. Devon Monivis was truly a great man, who was taken far too soon. Heaven got another angel 3months ago today.... I love you Devon.... Rest in Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand your pain. I had two people pass away while we were in HS. the worst came one night 5 days before Christmas. She was a friend of mine since were in kindergarden. I am not trying to compare, I am just showing that I truly do understand. It does get easier, but you never forget. Its not on your mind as much but you remember. To honor them, live like there is no tomorrow. Live through your heart, enjoy moments that we take for granted.