Friday, May 9, 2008

Gracious Uncertainty

I woke up today with a laundry list of things to do. I found myself making and breaking plans all within the five minute span that I awoke. I looked at my calendar as I often do and sat back to think. These next 3 weeks are the 3 weeks that in essence culminate the entire experience of high school. Prom is tomorrow, Finals are next week and then...... GRADUATION! Ah! Can we all take a moment and let that just sink in... :D

Anyways... I began thinking if I dont do everything exactly as I planned today, I wont get everything done that I need to... and thats alot like our lives isn't? Our natural inclination is to be so precise- trying always to forecast accurately what will happen next. When in fact the bible teaches us the exact opposite. Teaching not to think of tomorrow for we don't know the first thing about tomorrow. Stealing a passage from "MY Utmost" Certainty is the mark of the commonsense life- gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life.

I have found that this ties in perfectly with Matt Miller's teaching at the Loft, to become spiritual in every area of our lives (thanks Matt, you rock!) And not be become a "good person" but a person of integrity. And ithink that is an important lesson, because just as we try to dictate our lives and everything we do, we often try to mold ourselves into the person we believe or the person we think God wants us to be. "... it has not yet be revealed what we shall be..."(1 John 3:2) Sometimes we just need to set back, let go, and let God... and for you control freaks like me out there I know it can be hard. But just remember God works in all ways, often in Gracious Uncertainty. Just remain faithful to him, and the rest will work itself out....until next time.. hasta

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

6:26 am.. my god thats early lol

God bless,
Jesse

Anonymous said...

Some times we need to stop and smell the roses. as you know Ash I have taken the time to do just that. sometimes life is to fast and we try to do everything. but there is a plan for us and it is hard for us, being human to let God do his work. Take a breath, listen to your heart, pray and you will know what to do. Maybe its having a coffee, watching the sun rise, listening to the birds, hearing the wind blow, smell the flower, or making a friend or complete stranger smile.