Saturday, May 24, 2008

Scars...

We are taught thru the bible and thru life that when someone hurts you forgive them, but what happens when your the one doing the hurting? The other day, as I often do, had a big lesson learned in this wierd ride called life. If you know me, I'm a sarcastic joking around person by nature. 90% of the time I'm very careful about what I say and do... well I experienced the other 10% and it was a wake up call. My friend Scott wrote a blog about scars. How the torments some of us went through as children still are very much apart of our everyday lives. It made me think of the torture I went through in 5th grade when I was told I had a uni-brow. Most people would laugh and shrug it off but to this day I have a tendency to look away when I talk to someone. Its not that im disinterested or bored, its simply a habit I have formed over the years as a result of being teased as a child. I have always tried to be careful of other's scars so as to not provoke any hurt feelings. Well, I slipped up. A good friend of mine was teased as a child for being heavy. To me he looks great, fit, handsome, but I forget sometimes that what we see is not always what they see. So my friend and I were joking around taking jabs at one another and I pinched his belly. Not thinking that it would cause him to get upset. I recived a 4 page text message about how it brought about feelings of his childhood. It made me so upset to know I hurt someone I care deeply for and would never want to hurt. To my friend.... your a stud... and im sorry. The bible teaches us to forgive one another... but what do you do when your the one that needs forgiving??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes we hurt people and not even know it. We all have scares but with out healing growing and communicating with the ones we trust. Our friends fail and most importantly God we will never heal. With scares they are reminders of past hurts they are apart of us and make us for who we are. We all must be bigger than the scares of life. Jesus would want us to forgive and move on. I have forgiven people that have hurt me in so many ways my life has changed. I carry scares you can see and can not see. But. I have forgiven them. We are harder onourselves than other people. God wants us to forgive people and in doing so we must be able to forgive ourselves when we screw up. If God can forgive us we should follow his example and forgive people and ourselves.

Anonymous said...

simple ash,

we 4give our self.

feelings of guilt are great becaues they bring us to repentance. but when those feelings of guilt leave us on the floor thats not good. cuz thats what the devil wants

forgive your self cuz God did.

God bless,

oh and try to guess who wrote this