Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Courage...


Usually when the term courage comes to mind an image of a solider away at war or a child saying no to drugs and yes to jesus reflects my idea of courage. However, today gave me another lesson in courage or rather viewing courage in someone else. One thing that I have been blessed with is amazing friends, and everyone of them absoutly beauitful both inside and out... but the out part is what my lesson has been on. My good friend Danielle who I see as one of the most amazing women I have had the privledge to know came out and revealed she will be going to a clinic for eating disorders this summer. I have known Dani for quite some time and as the years progressed I have seen her go from normal absoutly healthyweight to a scary waist size. Sometimes we often see problems existing in others and do nothing about it. Although I made comments to Dani often as to how I was worried about her I never took the time to really express my concerns. Dani has shown a level of courage and maturity as she has taken the inital steps to battle this all too familiar diesese. I ask that if you could take a moment and pray for Dani and her recovery and that she may view her beauty as we do. I'm so proud of you Dani. I love you.

No comments: