Friday, August 22, 2008

To you...


If there is one lesson I have learned in recent months, its that life usually never turns out as you expect it to. I say this with the understanding that hopefully the vast majority of my life has yet to be lived. I came home for my final visit before Fall Semester begins. My room had been cleaned out and the somewhat scary things removed from under my bed, one of which caught my eye. It was a Steve Madden box. I knew it was not a long forgotten pair of shoes, I knew what the box contained, and dispite myself, I looked anyways.
Inside this box was nearly 2 years of letters, cards, notes, pictures, and tickets of sorts. It was everything remaining of my previous relationship. I hid this box, because for a long time nothing in it brought happy memories, just pain. Its been a while now, and both of us have moved on with our lives, so i figured: hey, what the heck.
I read letters, cards looked at pictures and random items Ive kept. after all of this im glad I kept these things. Dispite everything, I have nothing but the utmost love and appreciation for Mike. Although my previous actions and words may declare otherwise. I think when you get older, you learn to appreciate people, no matter how much they may have hurt you. I am extremely stubborn, and hard headed, but when i feel something in my heart, and i say it... its real. So here it goes. Mike, If you ever happen to come across this, it is only through Gods working and know it is from my heart, even though I would never have to courage to say it:
Thank you. These are simple words but often hard for me to say. Thank you for helping me through the most difficult years of my life. you were my rock in a crazy world. You taught me to rely on God when all else fails, and to believe in people and having faith in yourself. I know I wasnt the best girlfriend, the most pretty and definately not the funniest. I argued with you alot, I would never admit I was wrong, and I pushed you too hard sometimes. But please know, above all else, that I loved you. That love over time and through heartache has grown to respect and a deep friendship. Thank you for always being there for me, even though im not the easiest person to deal with, and may everything in your life be blessed, because you deserve your "perfect" woman.
- I felt it so i had to write it... call me a goober.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

aw Ash! You are such an amazing person, friend, sister, and daughter. We sometimes, me included, don't realize that we are strong until we can look back at something, like an old shoe box, and be able to see that we have changed or grown. I cant wait till you meet your "prince charming", because when that day happens, I think we both will freak out. I LOVE YOU SISTER! :0)