Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Best Date....

So today I made a trip home from school to come see my mom and siblings. Lately I've felt a bit lonely in the "man" dept. so a nice talk from my less than suttle mother was just what I needed. So I made my way home, at which point my 9 year old brother Andrew asked if we could go to lunch and have a date together. The idea struck me as funny considering the fact that I still think of andrew as 5 and incapable of thinking with his own mind. I agreed and we were off... I decided to take a picture while driving and pretending to smile... Andrew asked me as I was taking this picture what the heck i was doing and to watch where I was driving.... nice right? :)

This is Andrew Connor. He is 9 and more like a little son to me rather than a brother. I made him a bet about a trivia fact and if he got it wrong I was allowed to take him to get his head buzzed... as you can see, he got it correct and still has his incredibly long hair.
Andrew and I's favorite restraunt in Weston is Lucielles. They have wonderful food so we decided to go there. I asked Andrew what he wanted to eat and he replied: "I think Im going to eat like when i was a little kid... Im going to have mac and cheese." It made me laugh.




He got chicken fingers instead....




After we were done eating, andrew said thank for you taking him to lunch and that I was "the bestest sister ever!" My date was the best Ive had in a long time. I man not have a man in my life, but I have a little man who thinks the world of me just for getting him chicken fingers. Isnt being the oldest fun! :D







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have fun and that your brother is smart as in telling you to drive not take pictures. And for you having a "man" in your life. Stop! think! I mean really think. You have a ton of men in your life, some are good, some are not. Some are great examples and some are well.... But, then there is God. He is with you all the time, 24/7/365 what other "Man" do you really need? Love you....

Jesse Acosta said...

Scott is right... and your brother will remember that lunch for ever. Because his big sis took the time to take him out.. thats cool..

God bless!!!!