Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Look into Blogging...

As a child I always kept a diary of sorts. I would become obsessed with writing. Ideas, thoughts, hopes, dreams, anything and everything. Then there would come a point when it would become old, and it was just another slightly odd looking square occupying my book shelf. As the years passed I would often read back on my thoughts. Laughing at the pity of my problems at the time, or finding myself in a state of deep thinking as I saw the progression of my life through my words. I would write things purposely wishing at times my mother, or boyfriend would stumble upon it, and read the words I too often was shy to express.

Why do I have a blog? It has become apparent to me that this blog I have kept and written has become something more than just an occupation of my time. It has become an outlet, to express my words, thoughts and ideas as I often did as a child. It is a way to cry out, reach out to anyone and everyone who cares to read past the first sentence.

I believe you can tell alot about a person by how they write. A blog for me has become the perfect forum to say the things I often wish I had to courage to say. At the end of my blogging days, whenever they may be, I hope to leave something I can reflect back on and look at the progression of my life thus far, but more importantly, perhaps allow these words to reach someone desperate to hear them. If nothing else, I have at least occupied my mind for more than a minute. In the words of James Earl Jones, "One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you cant utter."

No comments: