Friday, July 4, 2008

Scotty Kenneally

This is Mr. Scott Kenneally... I've decided to blog tonight about him. Because of his recent surgery he and his amazing wife Shannon have been on my mind... im thinking it.. so im going to share it... its my blog.. i have that power :D
One thing you have to know... The day I met Scott I instantly liked him. Have you ever met that one person in your life that you just connected with from the moment you saw them. For starters... our sarcastic, somewhat harsh humor is something we share. I am extremely sarcastic, as is he... we rag on each other constantly and its all in good fun. Also, we are not only bonded for life as brother and sister in Christ, but in Football and Baseball. We are die hard Red Sox fans... "Born into it" right Scott?? We both grew up in suburbs in Mass... and well... we just get each other. But this post is not to convey Scott's humor nor his incredible intelligence to love the greatest team EVER... no... for one Im going to go a little deeper into who he is and the impact he has made on my life.
This is the Scott i think of when i think of Scott Kenneally ^. Goofball....
Hospitals bonded Scott and I from the beginning of our friendship. My mother was sent to the hospital for 3 days due to complications relating to her diabeties. I didnt leave her side, and through this ordeal Shannon and scott were going through alot of health problems of their own.
At this point, I didnt know Scott all that well... Well sure enough... 6am here comes scott through the emergency room with 4 bags in tow. One filled with magazines, gum, mouthwash, a toothbrush, dedorant, face wash, and snacks. Another bag filled with soda, water and gatorade. A sweatshirt in one hand and a venti white chocolate mocha from starbucks.... The thing is, no one knows what Scott did for me that day. Thats not who he is... he doesnt boast about what he does for others... he just does it. Doesnt ask, just does. He is truly a living man exemplifying Christ.

Scott was hit by a drunk driver a few years ago while he was driving his motorcycle. Because of that accident his life changed forever. He met the love of his life... but his right ankle was severely damaged. After therapy and unlimited pain, he went in for repair surgery July 1, 2008.
Here is a picture of Scott's ankle, post-surgery. The sicko was probally taking this on his iphone as hes all drugged up. Keep in mind I first saw this picture when I was eating... yum.
The point of all this was my conversation with Scott today. We did the usually how are you, how are you deal. He talked to me about his pain and things throughout his day and I replied with my answers. I have had a rough few days and Scott is well aware of this... So while this man is bound to his pain in at times, unbareable pain, do you know what he asks me?? What can I do for you? What do you need? Do you need a break? Do you want to come over and talk to Shan and I?
i must say... it doesnt take much for me to be stunned, but scott is known for that effect on people ;). I know he will read this eventually and be modest and say its not that big of a deal... you would do the same.... It is a big deal. You and Shannon are truly an inspiration to me. We will be friends for life... thank you for everything Scotty. Love ya...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am speechless. And, your right. I haven't done anything that some else would have done. But at this moment I am so touched, stunned and feel love. I just don't know what to say. I have a few tears I will say that. Happy love tears. My accident from so long ago, the pain I have been dealing with, the two surgeries, is all worth it now. Thank you Ashley for your kind words. But Christ did this, I'm just an instrument. xxxxxxxoooooo

Jesse Acosta said...

Scotts the man, the lord has used him.. you can clearly see his ministry in serving others... i even bloged a bit about him in my last blog talking about his prayers for my foot while i was limping around all over the place lol

thanks again Scotty!!!