Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Broken...


Main Entry: bro·ken Pronunciation: \ˈbrō-kən\ adjective
1: violently separated into parts : shattered2: damaged or altered by breaking: as a: having undergone or been subjected to fracture bof land surfaces : being irregular, interrupted, or full of obstacles c: violated by transgression


When I think of broken, I envision myself as a 6 year old child dropping the glass that my mother told me not to touch... little did I know, that 12 years later, God would reveal to me a diffrent meaning of broken.


I have never been much of a boaster... but coming into my college experience I was overly confident that dispite the normal college behaviors, I could and would surpass temptation and keep my feet planted firmly on the ground. But I've learned something, as most people tend to do, that the enemy works in tricky ways, and sometimes... that ground that you think your planted upon really isnt a ground at all.. and when you least expect it... you fall.


I guess in a short month I have learned more about myself and my relationship with God that I ever have. Ive learned that just because you are strong, does not mean you willl not fall. It is much strronger of a person to run from temptation that to try and stand up to it... and that even when you think the world has turned its back on you, and your mistakes will swallow you whole... god places his hand on your shoulder and picks you back up.


Thats what Ive learned... that even in my moments when I leave God, he never leaves me. As Matt Miller once said, "Your either taking steps towards the cross or away from it". It took me a while to reach out to someone I trusted, but more importantly someone who would understand and not judge me. To that person, you have warmed my heart and made me realize things I wouldnt have realized without you.


Why Im choosing to write this now? Im not too sure... I just know that no matter how strong a person you are, or how strong your relationship with God is... away from church, the word and around wrong people, you will falll... you will break.... but when you do... god is always there to pick up the pieces. Dont judge, or lecture to those around you making poor decisions.. instead offer a hug and a smile and tell them you love them... sometimes... it can make all the diffrence.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes writting things down will help us understand what we learned, put in prospective and in some cases help us remember our lesson. I am proud of you Ashley, and we ALL love you.

Ashley said...

Ashie! I LOVE YOU! I am always here for you wifey. Thanks for sharing! :0)

Jesse Acosta said...

Ash, this shows spiritual maturity and you will continue to grow... But you must want it... whatever you need let me know.

God bless,
Jesse