Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hmmm....

I wrote a blog about influence a week or so ago. After which my dear friend Scott Kenneally decided to write one of his own. We each have had very different influences in our lives that have shaped who we are, and ultimately will become. Below is a comment that was left by someone on his blog. It made me angry at first, but after reading it a few times I began to think what a blessing this person writing was. How often does one get to share his/ her faith with a complete stranger, who doesnt believe in anything you believe in, and thinks you are ignorant for believing that way.... check it out, and check out my response... if you have anything to add leave a comment... Its interesting... if we dont have people who dont continually challange our faith, will our faith ever grow stronger??


One thing about media. It depends on person what influences and how.About the other influences, I'm going forward as I can make an influence on that. Besides, how come God influences us? I don't personally believe in him, so he doesn't make any influence on me. Why should he? God might influence people in a good way or a bad way. The bad way is losing your mind, for the whole God-Jesus-gay thingy is totally schizophrenic. Why should I believe in God when it's certain that agent people liked to create imaginary creatures to give them some hope? I can believe in flying rabbits that cause thunder storms, and let those imaginary rabbits (which I believe to exist) direct my life. How stupid is that? At the moment I'm the one who's very strongly directing myself, and I don't really consider it useful to create holy books or dead people to tell me what to do.We are all based on physics and the brains make us to work. The brain should also tell us what's true and what's not, and it should be a certain thing that fairy tales are only for entertainment. How do you explain your faith? What if you believe in nonsense? What if you have limited yourself, your thinking and your living your whole life for nothing? And everything just because once you actually thought nothing.
September 30, 2008 12:07 PM






Ashley said...
I think it is all about influence. To the person who left this comment all I can say is thank you. It is people who dont believe and who search for enlightment on their own terms that make Christianity all the more real to me. In a world filled with darkness, it is God, his blessings and his miracles that give those that believe in him hope for a future beyond this world. How can we live day to day encountering all forms of influence without a belief in our heart that there is more beyond our world and our own minds. It is an interesting concept for one to think that our lives are our own... I however, disagree. Christianity is not the lack of thinking, but rather a progression to think and believe in something that you cannot see in front of you, but you can see all around you. To the person that wrote this comment: you may not believe in God, the bible, or the concept of church... and you may think that anyone that does is less smart or ignorant, but those who believe in God, are given a purpose and a hope for their lives. I will pray for you, that you find the same hope that can only be found through Christ. To Scotty: you inlfuence so many of us... your such a blessing.. love you man... never stop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, she (Jo) wrote back. And then in turn I replied to her comment. Please do not be angry with her as I feel sad and sorrow for her. She is lost and confused. With our prayer, hopfully she will be found. Only time will tell. It would be gr3eat if she checked ouot FRC Internet Campuss and then started attending. Pray for her, don't be angry at her.