Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Devon :(







My friend Devon passed away Feb 18, 2008... Today would have been his 19th birthday. As I looked back on my life up until this point, I still cant believe that hes gone... Many things have happened, and changed. We all graduated... moved away... but there is an emptiness inside us all. I remeber the last time I saw him... The big hug he would always give me. The smile that melted my heart.... i remember where I was when I heard the news... I didnt believe it... I called and called and called praying for him to pick up the phone. My first phone call was to my mom... her cries still ring in my heart. I remember everyone gathering at my house... I remember driving to the crash site... The parts of the car and glass were still on the road... the blood was still wet on the concrete.... My sister found his glasses... those stupid glasses we always teased him for wearing... I remember going to his house... hugging his mother... sitting on his bed... smelling his shirts... i remember hugging Derek... I remember the sting of his tears on my shoulders... I remeber not leaving his house until 2 in the morning. I remember the day of the wake... a line out the door filled with friends, family... new faces and old friends. I remember Sarah MacLaughlan's " In the Arms of an Angel" sung ocapella. I remember my sisters Euliogy... I remember touching his cold hand for the last time.. I remember the funeral... the white ribbons we wore for him... I remember after... Taking a shot to his life. The liquid burning my throat as it went down... He meant something different to all of us.... to me he was my friend, my confidant, my brother... Ill see him someday again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just realized what day it was too.. we will see him again one day. and we will have all eternity to celebrate birthdays. love you ash!